Dan Gelber, Florida Senate District 35
and candidate for Attorney General
- Born: November 26, 1960, Miami Beach, FL
- Occupation: Partner, Akerman Senterfitt Law Firm, Miami
- Tufts University, B.A., magna cum laude, 1982
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D., 1985; Truman Scholar
- Son of Seymour Gelber, former mayor of Miami Beach and circuit judge
- Religious Affiliation: Jewish
- 10.8.10: Post on Politics, AG wars: Bondi camp calls Gelber a liar
- 10.8.10: The Buzz, Gelber paints Bondi as a pawn of special interests in new TV spot
- 8.26.10: Orlando Opinionators, The real up-and-comers in this year’s primaries
- 8.24.10: Daily Loaf, Gelber smashes Aronberg – looks to face Pam Bondi in what could be an epic Attorney General race
- 8.2.10: The Buzz, Times' editorial board: Gelber, Bondi in AG races
- 7.30.10: Central Florida Political Pulse, Democratic AG candidates in a true toss-up
- 7.28.10: PolitiFact Florida, Dan Gelber continues 'junior lawyer' attack against Dave Aronberg
- 7.15.10: Blue Broward, Aronberg is Pushing Me Into Gelber’s Camp for Attorney General
- 7.2.10: The Buzz, Gelber says Aronberg taking 'the low road'
- 6.28.10: The Buzz, Gelber quits law firm after BP hires it
- 5.4.10: The Buzz, Gelber asks for special session on oil liability and corruption
- 10.13.09: Smashed Frog, Democratic AG Hopefuls Play the Julia Tuttle Fear Card
- 10.11.09: Blast Off!, Florida Attorney General debate, thread 3
- 10.11.09: Blast Off!, Florida Attorney General debate, thread 2
- 10.11.09: Blast Off!, Liveblog: Florida Attorney General debate, Aronberg vs. Gelber
- 9.23.09: Political Insider, The 10 most influential Democrats in Florida
- 9.10.09: Central Florida Political Pulse, Gelber: It's time to shine the light on Tally
- 9.10.09: Post on Politics, Gelber pushes constitutional amendment to stop secret budget deals
- 8.7.09: The Fine Print, Kottkamp vs. Benson vs. Aronberg vs. Gelber
- 7.10.09: Smashed Frog, NIMBY Dan Gelber NEVER GOT Residency Restrictions
- 6.16.09: The Fine Print, Aronberg vs. Gelber Round 1
- 6.8.09: Pushing Rope, Dan Gelber Official In Attorney General Race
- 6.8.09: Naked Politics, Dan Gelber running for AG
- 6.8.09: Central Florida Political Pulse, Gelber gets into the AG race
- 6.1.09: The Buzz, Two or three-person Dem primary for AG?
- 5.30.09: Naked Politics, Dan Gelber has an announcement!
- 5.7.09: The Buzz, Time to write off Dan Gelber's senate campaign?
- 4.11.09: Natch Greyes, Endorsing Dan Gelber
- 1.30.09: Florida Progressive Coalition, Dan Gelber, Florida’s Joe Lieberman
- 1.27.09: Down With Tyranny, Dan Gelber (D-FL) For U.S. Senate
- 1.27.09: The Hill, Gelber enters Florida Senate race
- 1.16.09: March on Politics, Gelber: I’m In
- 12.7.08: Florida Progressive Coalition, Dan Gelber: “Seriously looking” at U.S. Senate
- 10.11.08: The Buzz, Say it ain't so, Dan: A 527 critic backtracks
- 7.14.08: Naked Politics, Santoro fires salvo against Gelber; hit or miss?
- 6.6.08: Central Florida Political Pulse, Gelber Named Friend of First Amendment
- 5.27.08: Smashed Frog, Dan Gelber: NIMBY
- 4.21.08: Naked Politics, Gelber response to Rubio's j'accuse
- 4.20.08: Naked Politics, Rubio unwinding and unplugged on Gelber's "pointless" "wasted" "obstruction"
- 4.18.08: The Buzz, Gelber: 'Floridians are watching'
- 3.28.08: Florida Progressive Coalition, Winners & Losers of the Week
- 2.28.08: March on Politics, Gelber: Florida “A State Of Denial”
- 1.17.08: Central Florida Political Pulse, Gelber gets tough with Crist's budget
- 12.15.07: Naked Politics, Sweet Niblets again! Gelber locked out of Montana shows
- 11.21.07: Naked Politics, Sweet Niblets Part 2. Gelber to appear on CBS' The Early Show
- 11.19.07: Naked Politics, Sweet Niblets! Gelber to go after Hannah scalpers
- 11.13.07: March on Politics, Gelber: Too Soon To Talk About 2010
- 11.13.07: March on Politics, Gelber Urges “No” Vote On Prop Tax Reform
- 10.16.07: Central Florida Political Pulse, Gelber on Tax Cuts? Whoa
- 9.27.07: The Buzz, Sunshine for the Legislature?
- 8.31.07: Naked Politics, Gelber joins anti-DNC fray
- 8.14.07: Turn Florida Blue, Target #1: Education, Dan Gelber Says “Hope”
- 7.25.07: The Buzz, Gelber to Rubio: Scare tactics don't help
- 7.19.07: Central Florida Political Pulse, Gelber: Floridians Still "Storming Mad" About Insurance
- 7.19.07: The Buzz, Gelber to Crist: Keep on Insurance
- 7.18.07: Campaign Manager, Martinez Drawing an Opponent?
- 7.16.07: Naked Politics, Gelber asks House to follow Crist on climate change
- 7.11.07: Central Florida Political Pulse, Term-limited Gelber May Find New Political Home
- 7.11.07: The Buzz, Gelber running for senate
- 7.11.07: Q: One More Question, Margolis Bows Out of Senate for Gelber
- 6.5.07: Naked Politics, Democrat chief Gelber is tax talking-points target
- 5.31.07: The Buzz, Worried about tax progress, Dems revamp plan
- 5.29.07: Q: One More Question, Didn’t they used to decide this stuff on the golf course?
- 5.1.07: The Buzz, Where's the renters' lobby?
- 4.29.07: Florida Progressive Coalition, Good Thurman, Good Gelber, Good Schale
- 4.27.07: The Buzz, Rubio vs. Geller.
- 2.27.07: Naked Politics, Gelber questions Rubio's "trickle down economics."
- 2.22.07: Naked Politics, Lawmakers push Kidcare amendment.
- 2.2.07: The Buzz, Democrats on Crist's budget.
- 7.28.06: The Buzz, Lt. Gov. Gelber?
- 6.27.06: The Buzz, Gov. Gelber.
- Taxes: Opposes the use of the state-imposed property tax. (2.2.07)
- 10.17.10: St. Petersburg Times, Gelber presses Bondi to answer questions in only TV debate
- 10.8.10: Palm Beach Post, In Florida attorney general race, major contrasts in candidate priorities
- 10.4.10: Florida Independent, Gelber attacks attorney general opponent for ties to Fox News, Palin
- 9.10.10: Palm Beach Post, AG candidate Gelber calls for strike force to target corruption in Fla. government
- 8.28.10: St. Petersburg Times, Florida attorney general contest offers voters a vivid ideological choice
- 8.12.10: St. Petersburg Times, Attorney general candidates Dan Gelber, Dave Aronberg reverse course on donations
- 8.3.10: St. Petersburg Times, Dan Gelber for attorney general for Democrats (endorsement)
- 7.29.10: Palm Beach Post, Democrats' bright stars Aronberg, Gelber getting heated in Fla. attorney general race
- 7.25.10: Tampa Tribune, Democratic attorney general contest turns negative
- 7.12.10: Palm Beach Post, Slick campaigning on BP: Despite Aronberg's claims, Gelber isn't tainted (editorial)
- 7.12.10: Palm Beach Post, Gelber backers accuse Aronberg of misleading tactics in Democratic AG primary
- 6.29.10: Palm Beach Post, Democratic AG candidates squabble over proper response to BP's hiring of law firm
- 6.5.10: St. Petersburg Times, Separating the candidates for Florida attorney general by key issues
- 3.25.10: Tallahassee Democrat, Sen. Gelber fails in attempt to stop McCollum from filing suit against health-care plan
- 1.22.10: St. Petersburg Times, In Democratic race for attorney general, candidates offer contrast in style, experience
- 6.9.09: St. Petersburg Times, Dan Gelber joins race for attorney general
- 10.11.08: St. Petersburg Times, Hard times? Not for political coffers
- 11.19.07: Miami Herald, Lawmaker targets Hannah Montana scalpers
- 7.12.07: Palm Beach Post, Margolis to retire so Gelber can seek her Senate seat
- 6.5.07: Miami Herald, Tax plan needs time
- 8.13.06: Southwest Florida News-Press, Democrats strategize on insurance.
- 8.11.06: Palm Beach Post, Republicans laud next House speaker's idea-raisers.
- 8.9.06: Tallahassee Democrat, Insurance-crisis team meets.
- 8.7.06: Southwest Florida Herald Tribune, Smith says working with GOP is key to success.
- 7.27.06: Palm Beach Post, Hear out the Democrats on hurricane insurance.
- 6.29.06: Palm Beach Post, Another panel to study insurance.
- 5.25.06: Associated Press, Bush urged to veto millions in local projects.
- 5.21.06: South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Four and one half stars.
- 4.17.06: Miami Herald, Class-size amendment may finally get funding.
- 4.16.06: Tampa Tribune, Soft Money Eludes Reform.
- 4.15.06: Palm Beach Post, Can I change my vote? How lawmakers sometimes flip-flop (unofficially anyway).
- 4.3.06: Tallahassee Democrat, Not there yet: Soft money's still too squishy.
- 4.3.06: St. Petersburg Times, Shading business, gun owners.
- 3.21.06: St. Petersburg Times, Lawmakers push onto local turf.
- 3.18.06: St. Petersburg Times, Voucher trick.
- 3.16.06: St. Petersburg Times, House panel moves to re-establish school vouchers.
- Candidate for Florida Attorney General, 2010
- Florida Senate District 35, 2008-
- Florida House District 106, 2000-08
- Democratic Leader, 2006-2008
- Chief Counsel to former United States Senator Sam Nunn, 1994-1996
- Assistant U.S. Attorney, Southern District of Florida, 1986-1994 (Public Corruption and Civil Rights Units)
This wiki is a production of Florida Progressive Coalition, LLC.